Our cooperative offers one to three day tourism packages, depending on the interests of the visitors, which includes:
Tour our community and share with our inhabitants, who will give you an insight into our lives and our aspirations. For us, direct contact with visitors is the essence of Solidarity Tourism.
You can enjoy:
- The history of the community, told by those who have lived it.
- Explore the “Forest of Life” our protected rainforest.
- Agricultural projects, with the opportunity to participate in the daily tasks of those who work the land.
- Visit productive projects (cattle farming, reforestation, chicken farm, etc.)
- Fish Farming.
- O´quevic Lagoon, where you can enjoy fishing and a tour by launch.
- Living with families.
- Exchanging organizational and productive experiences.
- Visit to the projects of the cooperatives.
- Tour of the community with an explanation of the history of the country, the cooperative and its members.
- Interpretative trail through the tropical forest where the visitor can learn about how the forest served during the guerrilla war as a source of food, medicine and protection while at the same time enjoying the flora and fauna of the region.
- Recreation in a guerrilla camp, where visitors can gain a sense of the lives of guerrillas in the mountains during the conflict.
- Transport service to archaeological sites as Tikal, Yaxha, Balneario Mopan and surrounding areas, with return transport to the community.
- Hostel services: we offer basic services, potable water, electricity and sanitary services, showers and rest areas.
- Three shelters, one collective with 32 cot-type beds.
- Two houses with individual and double bed, one with a capacity for six people and the other for 10 people.
- Restaurant service: we use organic products from our cooperative, grown in our region.
- Transportation services.
- Local tour guide.
We share experiences with other communities at the national and international levels with the aim of creating links and exchanging experiences. We welcome groups and delegations that want to know our cooperative and initiate collaboration through training, information and solidarity trade.
Volunteers are welcome to Nuevo Horizonte to participate in a process of exchange of experiences and collaboration in different projects.